About the Job:
We are growing leaps and bounds and are looking to hire a full time skilled computer numerically controlled (CNC) Machinist to join the team. The Machinist will be responsible for producing parts by programming, setting up and operating Haas equipment in a production and proto-typing environment. The position will be based at our Rohnert Park, CA location. This is a Monday through Friday day shift.
- Capable of reading and understanding blue-prints, drawings, sketches, specifications.
- Working knowledge of processes and needed parameters for the efficient machining of materials including proper speeds, feeds, depth and angle of cuts when working with aluminum and steel for internal manufacturing use.
- Prove out, de-bug and give feedback on CNC programs.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as milling, turning, drilling, tapping, de-burring and sawing etc.
- Experience setting up and/or Running CNC Haas vertical Mills or Lathe
- Organized and safe work habits
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety procedures
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to operate CNC machinery and tooling as well as precision measurement tools
- Write CNC programs as needed.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical documents and drawings
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach.
- Experience using cutting machines to set up, operate and cut intricate parts is preferred.
- Energetic go-getter with a positive attitude; you use experience, initiative and attention to detail to get the job done right.
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Good physical condition and strength.
- Integrity and ability to work independently.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working on Haas machines
- Computer savvy with a good understanding of computer programming and CAD/CAM
- Mechanically inclined – able to perform preventative maintenance on machines.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to keep a clean workspace.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Ability to be qualified physically for respirator use, initially and ongoing as required.
Arcturus cares about its team members and actively fosters a healthy and safe work environment.
Arcturus UAV is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Arcturus UAV is a US Defense Contractor.